I present to you just 5 facts I found astonishing for the month of February that you should write down on your doorposts, lest you forget why the "stock market" continues to grind higher and higher in this upside down world.
- The US Food Stamp Program (SNAP) in February is now providing food stamps to a record 44.1 million Americans, which represents 14.4% of the total population.
- Food prices across the globe reached all time record highs in February, higher than the previous record set in 2008 which sparked deadly riots around the globe.
- Total US debt reached a stratospheric record $14.195 Trillion, or just $100 billion shy of the ceiling.
- Wall Street insiders sold a record $5.4 Billion in stock during the month of February.
- The Federal Government posted the largest single budget deficit in its history- a record $223 Billion in a single month, making that the 29th consecutive month of red ink.